Together Apart | Cohort # 2 | English
A temporary shelter for artistic practices
This ARTshelter offers its participants with a time and a (mind) space to overpower the adversities that the artistic community is facing today, delivering tools and resources both individual and collective.
[During August/September 2020 we have developed the Cohort # 1 with a strong group of participants from North and South America; Europe; Middle East and Australia, is going on with campers whose expertise embrace a wide range of artistic practices and disciplines: fine arts (including drawing, printmaking, painting and sculpture); installation; photography; video and sound; fashion and textile design; graphic design; performance; dance and choreography as well as philosophy of art, communication and writing. Due to the great success of COHORT #1, we are happy to launch the Cohort #2.]
Together apart… we are stronger!
This ARTshelter is aimed at artists, curators and researchers who, in these pandemic times, are:
– Looking forward to take advantage of a time “in between” to build knowledge, acquire new tools and establish an international network of professional colleagues.
– Having difficulties to advance with their artistic production due to isolation, lockdown or a lack of contact with the artistic community
– Looking for new ways to approach their practice and adapt to the new times that we’re all going through on a global scale
– Struggling to find the necessary motivation that drives their projects forward
This ARTbootcamp will help participants in their need to:
– Overcome the initial halt in their practice and gain productive momentum.
– Join forces with peers and work with others –whether it is collaboratively or individually by mutual feedback–, which will contribute to enhance individual resources in order to beat the current limitations.
– Make the most out of the transition between studio practice and online creative and productive formats.
– Gain access to a new, international and specialized public.
– Build an international network with colleagues, which can then flourish in future projects to broaden their reach and possibilities.
At the end of this ARTshelter, participants will get:
– GUIDANCE | An individual session for feedback on your work, your performance during the Bootcamp and future steps for your career with ´ace‘s director and members of the team
– ADVISE | On international programs, art spaces, residencies and open calls that are suited to your profile
– TECHNICAL SKILLS | On art techniques and digital tools that will help you enhance your practice and its outcome
– VISIBILITY | A professional profile in ´ace‘s website with your information and the details of the work produced during the Bootcamp
– NEW BODY OF WORK | Produced individual or collaboratively during the Bootcamp
– NETWORK | A community of artists bonded by common goals, which will keep working in the future
To participate in this ARTbootcamp you will need
Internet connection | Zoom or Google Meet | Google Suite for share docs | Available materials, equipment and tools at home
We are a TEAM of artists, cultural managers and educators specialized in production and research of contemporary art. We transition the same questions and difficulties as the artists and curators we support and work with—we understand your needs, and we’re prepared and eager to support and collaborate with you. During the last 15 years we have hosted more than 500 artists in residency and worked with many relevant artistic institutions producing residencies, international exhibitions, urban interventions, educational projects with and for the community, workshops and multiple editions.
International and collaborative projects organized by ´ace
Moving Targets | Crossover | Pandora Project
Cycles | FIG Bilbao
Beehive | Cubes of Temptations
VI Belgrade Encounters
ARTbootcamp Cohort #2 | Language: English
OPEN CALL DEADLINE
September 20th, 2020
+ 10 first artists that signup before September 16th will have an individual portfolio review and orientation
+ Reduced tution for Argentinian artists
Artists, curators and researches, from all over the world, at any stage in their careers, who are ready for:
´ACTION | COLLABORATION | EXPANSION
(Groups are intentionally kept small and fill up quickly)
This remote temporary shelter will support and accompany you in a personal and professional re-discovery process. It will also provide the building blocks needed to do research, activate creativity and to produce in uncommon circumstances. You will be able to work collaboratively with other peers from different parts of the world and receive feedback from the camp directors as well as guest artists and colleagues, enhancing your artistic, technical and networking skills through:
– 3 hs weekly meeting on Wednesdays
– 1 thought-provoking talk with a guest artist whose career and work inspire us
– tool-box classes that will fuel your creativity
– career training class about international opportunities and how to get them
– individual feedback/critique at the end of the program
– mentoring about your work, project and future steps in your career
– 1 permanent profile in our new webpage under the ARTISTS category.
We will provide participants with a Certificate of Attendance.
From September 23th to October 14th , 2020
UTC3: 02PM Argentina
01 PM New York / Montreal
11 AM San Francisco / Vancouver
06 PM London
07 PM Berlin / Cape Town