As part of our program of guest artists, Anne Heyvaert (Spain) visits us this week to join the program of development for local artists inQubarte. The group of sponsored visual artists is developing proposals around the VISIBLE-INVISIBLE concepts.
In this context, Anne will lead a week of meetings in which also participate as guests Rafael Toriz (Mexico) and Denise Najmanovich(epistemologists, focused on the complex and contemporary thought, Professor of Interdisciplinary PhD in Social Sciences, UNER, Parana, Argentina.). This meetings search to reflect practically and theoretically on the topic and work as a way of joining each artists process, open different paths of conceptual and technical exploration and promote opportunities for exchange and international connections.
In her week at ‘ace, Anne Heyvaert will dictate Entre pliegues (Between folds), a theoretical and practical seminar on the crease and wide possibility of technical developments from the graphics around that concept. The artist understands the practice of multiple work from its procedural methodology based on a phenomenology of complexity: action, interaction, feedback. Recalling the etymological root of the word “complexity” from the Latin “plexus” (folded, interlacing …) she will reflect around the words derived from the same roots PLE PLI: folding, unfolding, duplicate, involve, complicated, complex, accomplice … and its involvement with the INVISIBLE / VISIBLE concepts.
ENTRE PLIEGUES (activities)
- Reflection on the concepts of FOLD and COMPLEXITY, and its relation WITH the concepts of INVISIBLE / VISIBLE, in the arts, and especially in today’s graphic art.
- Presentation of the project Multiplex, complexity and sustainability, dx5 Group, Universidad de Vigo.
- Presentation of the artwork of Anne Heyvaert around fold: Pli-Plex. Faux Plis, Despliegues en blanco. Del pliegue a la página. Caminos desplegados, perderse en los mapas y otras obras.
- Practical work around the fold and its derived words to exchange ideas, references, bibliography, …, in order to develop projects from the invisible / visible.
- Discussion of proposals from inqubarte artists.